Europe’s “Great War” of 1914-1918 does not deserve to be called the “First World War.” That title should go to the first real global conflict, Europe’s genocidal invasion of other regions that began in late 15th Century. European historians have sought to downplay the ferocity, extent and significance of that earlier conflict by treating it as a diffuse historical process.
- The US-EU-Russia Sanctions Puzzle
- The REAL Reason Britain is Freaking Out About Scottish Independence. Scotland’s North Sea Oil Reserves
- Bankers Rule: City of London vs. Scottish Independence
- A Public Bank Option for Scotland
- The Pentagon — The Climate Elephant
- Ukraine and the neo-Nazis, Who is Behind them
Culture, Society & History
Lucy Gonzales started life in Texas. She was of Mexican-American, African-American, and Native-American descent and born into slavery. The path she chose after emancipation led to conflict with the Ku Klux Klan, hard work, painful personal losses, and many nights in jail.
The prevalent phenomenon where only the narratives authorized by law enforcement and government authorities are worthy of serious consideration suggests the unmistakable extent to which public discourse has declined.
One story that did not make headlines. Rapper Lupe Fiasco was performing live at the StartUp RockOn concert to celebrate the re-election of Barack H. Obama on January 21st. He was kicked off the stage by Obama’s secret service detail because he was singing Anti-Obama lyrics…