“Historians may look back and write about how willing we are to sacrifice our children and jeopardize future generations with a massive experiment based on false promises and flawed science just to benefit the bottom line of a commercial enterprise.” Don Huber
- Follow Global Research on Facebook
- Does Washington want War with Russia?
- The CIA, Iran-Contra and the Narcotics Money Laundering Nexus
- Shale Gas Fracking and America’s Proxy War against Russia: Joe Biden Promotes Fracking On Ukraine Trip
- Towards a World War III Scenario? The Role of Israel in Triggering an Attack on Iran
- Follow Global Research on Twitter
Biotechnology and GMO
There exist rigid criteria for a serious scientific journal to accept a peer-reviewed paper and to publish it. As well there are strict criteria by which such an article can be withdrawn after publication.
As with GM crops, a host of unforeseen consequences may develop when we begin modifying humans with genes their children will inherit. But another argument against germline modification is that it will lead to designer babies and a new class of underdogs…
Of the nearly 10,000 wheat varieties in use in China in 1949, only 1,000 remain. In the US, 95 % of the cabbage, 91 % maize, 94 % of the pea and 81 % of the tomato varieties cultivated in the last century have been lost.