Over the last decade, this highly controversial device has been used to detain five Muslim men for nearly 30 years combined. Through the experience of the detainees and their families, the film raises poignant questions about the balance between security and liberty.
- Fight the Enemies of Truth: Support the Spread of Knowledge
- William Shakespeare and the New World Order: “Hell is Empty and all the Devils are Here”
- VIDEO: Yemen War, “Bombing Not Talking”
- VIDEO. Military Escalation in Ukraine. Poroshenko Pushes EU into War, US Tightens Sanctions against Russia
- Global Capitalism and the Global Police State: Crisis of Humanity and the Specter of 21st Century Fascism
- Nine US Warships Threaten Yemen
The Harper government’s Bill C-51, or Anti-Terrorism Act, subverts basic principles of constitutional law, assaults rights of free speech and free assembly, and is viciously anti-democratic.
The context was within the intensification of the so-called “global war on terror” and in concert with the pro-military Stephen Harper government’s deployment of warplanes supposedly fighting “the terrorists” of the suddenly-emerging “Islamic State.”
Stephen Harper is the most deeply reviled Prime Minister in Canada’s history. On the world stage, he is the servant of Big Oil boiling oil out of tar-sands to destroy major river systems and pollute the planet