Over the last decade, this highly controversial device has been used to detain five Muslim men for nearly 30 years combined. Through the experience of the detainees and their families, the film raises poignant questions about the balance between security and liberty.
- The BBC, the Weapons Industry and War Propaganda
- Yanis Varoufakis: Why We Recommend a NO in the Referendum – in Six Short Bullet Points
- Greece: Tsipras Surrenders to Troika Demands. Will The Referendum be Cancelled?
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership: the Totalitarian End-game of the Global Elite
- Global Research on Facebook
- Truth is a Crime Against The State
The Harper government’s Bill C-51, or Anti-Terrorism Act, subverts basic principles of constitutional law, assaults rights of free speech and free assembly, and is viciously anti-democratic.
The context was within the intensification of the so-called “global war on terror” and in concert with the pro-military Stephen Harper government’s deployment of warplanes supposedly fighting “the terrorists” of the suddenly-emerging “Islamic State.”
Stephen Harper is the most deeply reviled Prime Minister in Canada’s history. On the world stage, he is the servant of Big Oil boiling oil out of tar-sands to destroy major river systems and pollute the planet