I heard a child’s voice outside—a little girl was coming towards me, pointing in the direction of the worst damaged part of the school, saying: “My class was there.”
- To Beat ISIS, Kick Out the U.S.-led Coalition
- The Globalization of War, America’s “Long War” against Humanity by Michel Chossudovsky
- Stop Military Intervention in Iraq
- Washington Protects Its Lies With More Lies. Osama Bin Laden’s “Bookshelf of Conspiracy Theories”
- Washington Blows Itself Up With Its Own Bomb. US Strategy Backfires
- Major Monsanto Lawsuit Completely Blacked out by Media
Poverty & Social Inequality
The cost of living continues to go up and incomes continue to go down. It is truly frightening to think about what this country is going to look like if current trends continue.
While Wall Street exerts a decisive influence on policy and legislation pertaining to the government shutdown, these same major financial institutions also control the movement of currency markets, commodity and stock markets through large scale operations in derivative trade.
Hundreds of poor people waiting outside of a closed grocery store for the possibility of getting the remaining food is not the picture of the “American Dream.” Yet on March 23, outside the Laney Walker Supermarket in Augusta, Ga., that is exactly what happened.