The cost of living continues to go up and incomes continue to go down. It is truly frightening to think about what this country is going to look like if current trends continue.
- Can Gold and the US Dollar Continue to Rise in Tandem? For How Long?
- The Globalization of War, America’s “Long War” against Humanity by Michel Chossudovsky
- Economic Warfare. War by Other Means: The IMF and the World Bank are Weapons of War
- Flu Shot Hoax Admitted: “No Controlled Trials Demonstrating a Decrease in Influenza”
- Vaccine McCarthyism. What if the Vaccine Paradigm itself is Deliberately Flawed?
- Global Inequality: The Debate about Poverty
Poverty & Social Inequality
While Wall Street exerts a decisive influence on policy and legislation pertaining to the government shutdown, these same major financial institutions also control the movement of currency markets, commodity and stock markets through large scale operations in derivative trade.
Several overlapping political and economic agendas are unfolding. Is the shutdown –implying the furloughing of tens of thousands of public employees– a dress rehearsal for the eventual privatization of important components of the federal State system?
Hundreds of poor people waiting outside of a closed grocery store for the possibility of getting the remaining food is not the picture of the “American Dream.” Yet on March 23, outside the Laney Walker Supermarket in Augusta, Ga., that is exactly what happened.