I heard a child’s voice outside—a little girl was coming towards me, pointing in the direction of the worst damaged part of the school, saying: “My class was there.”
- The Chickens Come Home to Roost in Baltimore
- Vaccines and National Security
- Who is Behind Wikileaks?
- Baltimore Protests: Little-Known Facts
- The Failings of Capital Punishment: Indonesia Executes the Traffickers
- Deadly Disinformation: War, the Mainstream Media and the Tragic Death of African Refugees
Poverty & Social Inequality
The cost of living continues to go up and incomes continue to go down. It is truly frightening to think about what this country is going to look like if current trends continue.
While Wall Street exerts a decisive influence on policy and legislation pertaining to the government shutdown, these same major financial institutions also control the movement of currency markets, commodity and stock markets through large scale operations in derivative trade.
Several overlapping political and economic agendas are unfolding. Is the shutdown –implying the furloughing of tens of thousands of public employees– a dress rehearsal for the eventual privatization of important components of the federal State system?