The cost of living continues to go up and incomes continue to go down. It is truly frightening to think about what this country is going to look like if current trends continue.
- Health Insurance: Obama Lied About Obamacare, Now Wants Political Lying to Be Legal
- Remembering Michael C. Ruppert: Wall Street, The CIA and 9/11: “The CIA had Complete and Perfect Knowledge of the Attacks”
- CIA Directs Kiev Proxy Regime to Launch Military Assault against Rebels in Eastern Ukraine
- Iceland and the Global Economic Crisis: The Viking Tiger, A Sacrificial Lamb upon the Altar of Free Trade
- War Propaganda
- Global Human Trafficking, a Modern form of Slavery
Poverty & Social Inequality
While Wall Street exerts a decisive influence on policy and legislation pertaining to the government shutdown, these same major financial institutions also control the movement of currency markets, commodity and stock markets through large scale operations in derivative trade.
Several overlapping political and economic agendas are unfolding. Is the shutdown –implying the furloughing of tens of thousands of public employees– a dress rehearsal for the eventual privatization of important components of the federal State system?
Hundreds of poor people waiting outside of a closed grocery store for the possibility of getting the remaining food is not the picture of the “American Dream.” Yet on March 23, outside the Laney Walker Supermarket in Augusta, Ga., that is exactly what happened.