Mali at first glance seems a most unlikely place for the NATO powers, led by a neo-colonialist French government of Socialist President Francois Hollande (and quietly backed to the hilt by the Obama Administration), to launch what is being called by some a new Thirty Years’ War Against Terrorism.
- US Inflames Sectarian Tensions to Escalate War in Syria
- Military Escalation? Sapping Assad’s Strength. Israel “Stirs the Pot” in Syria
- Washington’s Battle Over Syrian Foreign Policy: Will Hawks Or Doves Prevail?
- Hassan Rohani: Iran’s President-Elect
- Protest and Resistance against America’s Police State: What’s Your Breaking Point to Take Action?
- Gezi Park Evacuated, Istanbul and Turkey Explode
Oil and Energy
The entire eastern Mediterranean is swimming in huge untapped oil and gas reserves. What are the geopolitical and military implications?
The “Great Game” being played right now by the world powers largely boils down to the United States and Russia fighting for control over Eurasian oil and gas resources