Israel is set to become a major exporter of gas, if all goes to plan. The giant Leviathan natural gas field, in the eastern Mediterranean, discovered in December 2010, is widely described as “off the coast of Israel.”
- “Economic Genocide” in Latin America: The Unspoken Legacy of Wall Street and the IMF. President Cristina Fernandez
- Canadian Fear Campaign: “Islamic Extremists” and the Dubious Role of Intelligence Agencies
- Follow Global Research on Twitter
- Accidents in Germ Labs and the Ebola Pandemic
- Canadian Terror Wave: a Modern-Day Gladio
- The Ottawa Shootings and “Canada’s War on Terror”? Media Points to “Homegrown Terror Threat”
Oil and Energy
Mali at first glance seems a most unlikely place for the NATO powers, led by a neo-colonialist French government of Socialist President Francois Hollande (and quietly backed to the hilt by the Obama Administration), to launch what is being called by some a new Thirty Years’ War Against Terrorism.
The entire eastern Mediterranean is swimming in huge untapped oil and gas reserves. What are the geopolitical and military implications?
The “Great Game” being played right now by the world powers largely boils down to the United States and Russia fighting for control over Eurasian oil and gas resources