Over the last decade, this highly controversial device has been used to detain five Muslim men for nearly 30 years combined. Through the experience of the detainees and their families, the film raises poignant questions about the balance between security and liberty.
- To Beat ISIS, Kick Out the U.S.-led Coalition
- The Globalization of War, America’s “Long War” against Humanity by Michel Chossudovsky
- Stop Military Intervention in Iraq
- Washington Protects Its Lies With More Lies. Osama Bin Laden’s “Bookshelf of Conspiracy Theories”
- Washington Blows Itself Up With Its Own Bomb. US Strategy Backfires
- Major Monsanto Lawsuit Completely Blacked out by Media
The Harper government’s Bill C-51, or Anti-Terrorism Act, subverts basic principles of constitutional law, assaults rights of free speech and free assembly, and is viciously anti-democratic.
The context was within the intensification of the so-called “global war on terror” and in concert with the pro-military Stephen Harper government’s deployment of warplanes supposedly fighting “the terrorists” of the suddenly-emerging “Islamic State.”
Stephen Harper is the most deeply reviled Prime Minister in Canada’s history. On the world stage, he is the servant of Big Oil boiling oil out of tar-sands to destroy major river systems and pollute the planet