Over the last decade, this highly controversial device has been used to detain five Muslim men for nearly 30 years combined. Through the experience of the detainees and their families, the film raises poignant questions about the balance between security and liberty.
- Major Monsanto Lawsuit Completely Blacked out by Media
- America is Behind ISIS: Washington Confesses to Backing “Questionable Actors” in Syria
- Neoliberal Globalization: Is There an Alternative to Plundering the Earth?
- Sowing the GMO Seeds of Depopulation?
- “War is just a Racket”: Memorial Day Is A Hoax. “Our Soldiers Died for the Profits of the Bankers”
- The Pentagon’s Strategy for World Domination: Full Spectrum Dominance, from Asia to Africa
The Harper government’s Bill C-51, or Anti-Terrorism Act, subverts basic principles of constitutional law, assaults rights of free speech and free assembly, and is viciously anti-democratic.
The context was within the intensification of the so-called “global war on terror” and in concert with the pro-military Stephen Harper government’s deployment of warplanes supposedly fighting “the terrorists” of the suddenly-emerging “Islamic State.”
Stephen Harper is the most deeply reviled Prime Minister in Canada’s history. On the world stage, he is the servant of Big Oil boiling oil out of tar-sands to destroy major river systems and pollute the planet