While the Pentagon modernization budget for the pre-emptive nuclear option is a modest $10 billion, the budget for upgrading the US arsenal of “strategic nuclear offensive forces” is a staggering $352 billion.
- US Inflames Sectarian Tensions to Escalate War in Syria
- Military Escalation? Sapping Assad’s Strength. Israel “Stirs the Pot” in Syria
- Washington’s Battle Over Syrian Foreign Policy: Will Hawks Or Doves Prevail?
- Hassan Rohani: Iran’s President-Elect
- Protest and Resistance against America’s Police State: What’s Your Breaking Point to Take Action?
- Gezi Park Evacuated, Istanbul and Turkey Explode
IRAN: THE NEXT WAR?
Hagel’s statement allows Israel to make the decision to attack Iran, if it feels threatened. New sanctions through draft Senate legislation is expected to pass both houses of congress by the end of this month.
This is a war against public health, aimed at the most vulnerable: cancer patients, hemophiliacs, kidney dialysis patients, and those awaiting transplants. Its victims are unseen, dying anonymously in hospitals…
The threat to global peace does not lie with Iran, or with China for that matter or any other bogeyman the Pentagon cares to dream up.