For thousands of years, African societies were matriarchal and they prospered. By bringing an oppressive form of Colonial Christianity to Africa, Europeans replaced millennia of prosperous matriarchy with oppressive patriarchy.
- Syria: Russian Intervention Exposes Coalition Lies. “The Terrorists R US”
- The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP): The Most Criminal Treaty in History
- Russian Airstrikes in Syria Targeted “NATO Created Mercenaries”. Michel Chossudovsky
- Formidable Russian Air Power Targets ISIS in Syria
- Follow Global Research on Twitter
- Neoliberal Aggression in Britain: Her Majesty’s Police State
Western heads of state, UN officials, military spokespersons will invariably praise the humanitarian dimension of the October 2001 US-NATO led invasion of Afghanistan, which allegedly was to fight religious fundamentalists, help little girls go to school, liberate women subjected to the yoke of the Taliban.
Lucy Gonzales started life in Texas. She was of Mexican-American, African-American, and Native-American descent and born into slavery. The path she chose after emancipation led to conflict with the Ku Klux Klan, hard work, painful personal losses, and many nights in jail.
Did you know that satellites stay in orbit because rocket scientist Yvonne Brill discovered how to keep them there? Or that environmental science was made possible by the research of one botanist, Ruth Patrick? Neither did this reporter, until she read their obituaries.