The NSA has compromised the guarantees that internet companies have given consumers that communications, online banking & medical records would be indecipherable to criminals or governments.
- The Geneva Agreement with Iran: A Result of the Sanctions Policy?
- Iran-US Interim Agreement: Historic Breakthrough or Historic Sellout?
- Syria: Whose Sarin?
- Mandela’s Dream of Black Power Became a “Neoliberal Nightmare”
- Bipartisan Budget Deal to Scrap Jobless Benefits. Condemning Five Million People to Poverty and Destitution
- Syria Terrorists: The Kidnapping of Nuns in Maaloula
Police State & Civil Rights
Homeland Security (DHS) is engaged in a covert military buildup involving a purchase for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition as well as heavily armored tanks. Somebody in government is expecting some serious civil unrest. The question is, why?
The Obama administration has been caught spying on the phone calls of tens of millions of Americans. The government has sought to “reassure” us that it is only tracking “metadata” such as the time and place of the calls, and not the actual content of the calls. That claim is patently absurd.
The ‘Boston Bombings’ have larger political & economic impacts. They set the stage for a new round of wars abroad & regressive changes at home.