Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- The Timing of Britain’s Elections and the “Royal Baby Bounce”
- Chaos – not Victory – is the Empire’s “Name of the Game”
- Washington’s Orchestrated Conflict with Russia: The Choice Before Europe
- For Those Who Value Global Research: We Need Your Help!
- May 1945: Nazi Germany Surrenders, But… on May 7, 8, or 9?
- The Fraud of War
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.