Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- The CIA and the Media: 50 Facts the World Needs to Know
- The Trump-Sanders Phenomena
- “The Media Lies for A Living”: The Decline in the US Stock Market is “The Fault of China”
- Western Democracy Is an Endangered Species On Its Way to Extinction
- How the West Colonized China
- How U.S. Courts Abet Societal Conflict
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.