Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- Iraq: St. Valentine’s Day Massacres: Still Ongoing
- Video: Turkey’s Military Intervention in Syria
- Albert Einstein and the Theory of Relativity: The Collision of Two Black Holes Billion Light Years Away…
- Israel’s International Conspiracy
- “A Special Place in Hell”… For Hillary Clinton and Madeleine Albright?
- How the Broad Climate Movement Has Failed Us
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.