Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- The March to War: Fighting ISIL is a Smokescreen for US Mobilization against Syria, Iran
- Information Overload? Don’t Tune Out… Get Informed!
- Understanding the U.S. War State. “Watching the War Crime Unfold”
- U.S. Holds the World Record of Killings of Innocent Civilians
- UN Resolution: Israel the World’s Only Violator of Economic and Social Rights
- Greece – Rescue without Debt
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.