Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- Behind the Greek Economic Crisis. The Unspoken History of Foreign Intervention
- “I Love GMO”: The Warped World Of The Pro-GMO Lobbyist
- Oxi in Greece: Saving the European Idea
- Greeks Vote NO To EU-Imposed Austerity
- Five Facts that the Israeli Government Would Prefer you did not Know
- US-Sponsored Terrorism in Iraq and “Constructive Chaos” in the Middle East
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.