Australia has the world’s largest known uranium deposits – about 28 percent – and is the world’s third largest exporter of uranium with nearly 7,000 tonnes a year.
- Towards Police State Canada? Anti-terrorism Bill C 51, To be Adopted by Parliament, The Media Campaign
- Netanyahu: “A Danger to Israel”, say 200 Israeli Military and Security Veterans
- Fifty Years of Imperial Wars: Global Neoliberalism and America’s Drive for World Domination
- Is Barack Obama Actually Trying To Help the Islamic State (ISIS) Take Over Syria?
- Fukushima: Nuclear War without a War
- America’s “Global War on Terror”, Al Qaeda and the Islamic State (ISIS)
Obama’s ‘Pivot to Asia’ directed against China has undergone significant developments. Not least has been the emergence of Australia as a central part of Washington’s plans to strengthen American influence and military reach across the Asia-Pacific.
Australia provides the most acute example of this play between the constituency that needs to be bribed, if not deluded, and a government that wishes to be in the good books of its great behemoth of an “ally”
Through the ANZUS alliance, Australia has been a key part of the US “hub-and-spokes” Asia-Pacific alliance structure for more than 60 years, dating back to the earliest years of the Cold War and the conclusion of post-war peace with Japan.