The crippling devastation of Iraq overwhelms all else. It is difficult, given the facts on the ground, to recapture the imperial vision that was to make Iraq an exemplar of US sponsored democracy and a model for the American remaking of the Middle East.
- Did 9/11 Justify the War in Afghanistan?
- Threat to the Hegemony of the US Dollar? Rigged Gold Bullion Market
- Bashar al-Assad Interview: Israel Supports Al Qaeda Terrorists
- Israel Mulling Plot to Assassinate Syrian President Bashar Al Assad
- Continued Cover-up of Contacts of Boston Bombing Suspects with FBI and US Intelligence
- Gloves Off: Russia Names CIA Station Chief in Moscow
Middle East & North Africa
Libya is among the World’s largest oil economies with approximately 3.5% of global oil reserves, more than twice those of the US.
President Morsi created a new constitution in December following massive street protests to rescind an executive decree that granted him sweeping presidential powers. His opponents called it an empty gesture as Morsi’s government brought out the Egyptian military from their barracks into the streets.
We now see who really pays lip service to Palestinian liberation and who does not. Moreover, the foreign supporters of the Syrian National Coalition, a rehash of the Syrian National Council, are ironically all supporters of Israel.