The crippling devastation of Iraq overwhelms all else. It is difficult, given the facts on the ground, to recapture the imperial vision that was to make Iraq an exemplar of US sponsored democracy and a model for the American remaking of the Middle East.
- US Inflames Sectarian Tensions to Escalate War in Syria
- Military Escalation? Sapping Assad’s Strength. Israel “Stirs the Pot” in Syria
- Washington’s Battle Over Syrian Foreign Policy: Will Hawks Or Doves Prevail?
- Hassan Rohani: Iran’s President-Elect
- Protest and Resistance against America’s Police State: What’s Your Breaking Point to Take Action?
- Gezi Park Evacuated, Istanbul and Turkey Explode
Middle East & North Africa
Libya is among the World’s largest oil economies with approximately 3.5% of global oil reserves, more than twice those of the US.
President Morsi created a new constitution in December following massive street protests to rescind an executive decree that granted him sweeping presidential powers. His opponents called it an empty gesture as Morsi’s government brought out the Egyptian military from their barracks into the streets.
We now see who really pays lip service to Palestinian liberation and who does not. Moreover, the foreign supporters of the Syrian National Coalition, a rehash of the Syrian National Council, are ironically all supporters of Israel.