Guatemala’s Constitutional Court has overturned the Ríos Montt guilty verdict of May 10th, setting the legal proceedings back to April 19th – after the evidence was presented but before Ríos Montt was declared guilty.
- High Level Opposition to Obama’s Escalating Syria Conflict
- Syria Is Becoming Obama’s Iraq
- US Inflames Sectarian Tensions to Escalate War in Syria
- Military Escalation? Sapping Assad’s Strength. Israel “Stirs the Pot” in Syria
- Washington’s Battle Over Syrian Foreign Policy: Will Hawks Or Doves Prevail?
- Hassan Rohani: Iran’s President-Elect
Latin America & Caribbean
Washington tolerates no independent governments. Left of center democratic ones are most vulnerable. In 1954, Washington ousted Guatemala’s Jacobo Arbenz Guzman. In 1952, Truman authorized CIA action. Eisenhower followed through.
José Efraín Ríos Montt began his military career as a young officer taking part in the bloody successful CIA-organized coup against the first democratically elected president in Guatemalan history IN 1954.
Maduro alleged that Latin America’s “imperialist” enemies (read the US government) had infected Chávez with some type of pathological agent that caused terminal cancer.