Five years after the devastating earthquake, numerous massive protests were held against the UN occupation (MINUSTAH) and for the departure of Haitian President Michel Martelly and Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe. The latter finally resigned in December 2014.
- Crimes against Humanity: Why Is Henry Kissinger Walking Around Free?
- Can Gold and the US Dollar Continue to Rise in Tandem? For How Long?
- The Globalization of War, America’s “Long War” against Humanity by Michel Chossudovsky
- Economic Warfare. War by Other Means: The IMF and the World Bank are Weapons of War
- Flu Shot Hoax Admitted: “No Controlled Trials Demonstrating a Decrease in Influenza”
- Vaccine McCarthyism. What if the Vaccine Paradigm itself is Deliberately Flawed?
Latin America & Caribbean
During the electoral campaign in 2002, Lula DaSilva signed an economic agreement with the IMF which guaranteed a budget surplus of 3%. Lula sought to reassure bankers, international financiers and multi-nationals that Brazil would pay its creditors,…
Inspired by the US-backed anti-government protests in Venezuela, El Salvador’s oligarchs are preparing to follow the same strategy.
Contrary to the rosy economic picture that the World Bank and the IMF have tried to paint over the past decade, Brazil’s growing discontent with the neoliberal model is now on full display.