General Manuel Ricardo Cristopher Figuera, one of the masterminds behind the coup attempt of April 30, had been recruited by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States for more than a year, the president said.
President of Venezuela Nicolas Maduro also revealed new details Friday about those responsible for the attempted coup this past April 30, supported and directed by the United States.
He specifically referred to the participation of the former director of the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) General Manuel Ricardo Cristopher Figuera, who was expelled and demoted along with 54 other rebels.
The president indicated that after the investigations they were able to verify “that General Manuel Ricardo Cristopher had been recruited by the CIA more than a year ago. This Venezuelan justice will come sooner rather than later!”
Also, the president also revealed that he was alerted to Cristopher Figuera’s intentions a week before he acted on them. In fact, on April 30, he was meant to be replaced by the Chief General Gustavo Gonzalez Lopez.
“It was General Padrino Lopez, Maikel Moreno and General Hernandez Dala who warned me of the strange behavior of this General who would be dismissed from office and arrested on Tuesday, 30 April at 9 am,” he said during a graduation speech at the 16th Victor’s Parade of the “Mision Ribas” in the halls of Miraflores Palace.
Note to readers: please click the share buttons below. Forward this article to your email lists. Crosspost on your blog site, internet forums. etc.
Featured image: Maduro giving a speech at an event at the Miraflores Presidential Palace | Photo: @PresidencialVen