The silent elephant in the room is the fact of the official endorsement of the actions of the Israeli government that flout international law, by our own government’s enthusiastic support for the agenda of the Conservative Friends of Israel lobby (CFI) in the House of Commons.
That agenda includes the lobbying of Parliament to supply British arms and military equipment to the IDF in order that Israeli forces can continue:
- The illegal occupation of the Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Syrian Golan Heights, in contempt of the will of both the United Nations and the European Union
- The illegal settlement of nearly 600,000 Israeli citizens in the Occupied Territories in an attempt to prevent the establishment of an independent Palestinian state for five million indigenous Arabs
- The now seven year illegal blockade of nearly 2 million civilians in Gaza in a deliberate policy to prevent the supply of electricity and essential goods and services to the population in an abortive attempt to effect regime change
- The blatant violation of international law and the Geneva Conventions (GCIV).
- This is the agenda of the Israel lobby in the British Parliament.
- This is the elephant in the body politic and our legislature.
- This is the underlying cause of anti-Semitism, not the Labour Party, nor the Liberal Party, nor the Green Party, nor UKIP nor even the Conservative Party.
The British electorate is well aware of the political machinations that damage democracy, human and civil rights and bring the integrity of the United Kingdom into disrepute.
When Britain takes firm and open action to dissociate all of us from Israeli aggression against a civilian population then the increase in anti-Semitism will dissipate as it becomes clear that the United Kingdom will no longer support terrorism whether state sponsored or otherwise, in any part of the world.