Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East (CJPME) has evaluated each of the Canadian parties (see below), on each of the target topics, according to certain criteria. These criteria involve, foremost, CJPME’s core policy pillars:
1) support for international law;
2) an equal legal standard for all; and
3) a belief that violence doesn’t lead to solutions. In addition to the above three criteria, there are a few other criteria which have been brought to bear where appropriate in this analysis, including:
4) humanitarian concern;
5) support for representative governance; and
6) sense of urgency in responding to crises.
There is also the underlying assumption in this Guide that Canada is a wealthy and privileged nation, and that Canada has a responsibility to contribute constructively (and financially) to humanitarian, political and diplomatic crises around the world.