For the international community to turn a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the Israeli government on the premise that its military technology is far too valuable to condemn the human rights abuse of the IDF, is a grave error of judgment that encourages Right-wing extremism around the world.
1. The legal designation of 21% of the Israeli population, who are Palestinian Arabs, as second-class citizens with restricted civil rights who are subject to harassment and humiliation on a daily basis.
2. The state-imposed military blockade against a 1.8 million civilian population in the Palestinian enclave of Gaza that prohibits delivery of essential goods including medical supplies, building materials, power and electricity etc. with the specific objective to try to force a regime change. This illegal blockade against the Palestinian people has been implemented for over 10 years to the point that it has forced a now weakened majority into unemployment and starvation. This, of course, is the intended objective of the Netanyahu government to dehumanise nearly 2 million people and to starve them into submission by using the pretext of ‘arms control’.
3. Freedom of movement is heavily restricted and border posts are manned by Israeli police and military who deliberately harass and humiliate any non-Israeli civilians passing through the check points. Sick people and pregnant women can and do die as a result of the actions of an illegal occupation that has been condemned as a violation of human rights by the United Nations Security Council (UNSCR 2334).
4. Thousands of political protestors are imprisoned without trial including hundreds of Palestinian children.
5. White phosphorus has been used as a chemical weapon against unarmed civilians.
6. Electricity generator stations in Gaza have been deliberately destroyed by the IDF.
7. Water supplies from the River Jordon to the indigenous people of Palestine i.e. their own water – have been redirected to Israeli cities.
8. Schools and hospitals in Gaza have been bombed and destroyed by IDF.
9. So called ‘price tag’ terrorists continue to burn down and destroy Palestinian olive groves in the Occupied Territories.
10. Arab villagers in the West Bank are daily harassed and their movement brutally restricted on their own land by troops of the illegal occupation; the intended objective of the Likud administration being the eventual annexation of the Golan Heights, the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
Note to readers: please click the share buttons below. Forward this article to your email lists. Crosspost on your blog site, internet forums. etc.
Hans Stehling (pen name) is an analyst based in the UK. He is a frequent contributor to Global Research.