TEHRAN (FNA)- Secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Saeed Jalili on Friday displayed one of the 100 documents Iran has on the Untied States’ main role in promoting and sponsoring terrorism.
Displaying one of the documents proving the United States’ role in terrorism, Jalili said, “We claim on the basis of corroborative documents that the United States is the main suspect, and rather the main culprit, in violation of human rights.”
“The US dreams for returning to Iran will not come true,” he added.
“Today we display with substantiating evidence and documents that the United States has officially used its troops against the people of Iran and the region.”
He also declared that the Islamic Republic of Iran will officially file a lawsuit at the UN against the US for terrorism, adding that “Tehran will prosecute the US for terrorist measures”.
“In addition to what we have presented to the UN against the US during the last two years, today we display two collections of new documents proving the US role in promoting and sponsoring terrorism,” Jalili said.
“These documents will be presented to the Swiss ambassador to Tehran today,” he continued.
The Swiss embassy hosts the US interests section in Iran.
November the 4 marks three important events in Iranian history, including the takeover of the former US embassy in Tehran by Muslim students in 1979 and the exile of the late Founder of the Islamic Republic Imam Khomeini by the deposed Shah in 1964.
Since the 1979 takeover of the US embassy in Tehran, Iranians have been celebrating the occasion every year by holding rallies on the anniversary and marking it as the National Day against the ‘Global Arrogance’.
On Wednesday Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei announced that Iran would release a hundred corroborative documents substantiating Washington’s role in supporting and sponsoring terrorist activities in Iran and the region.
“We have a hundred unbeatable documents on the US role in directing terror and terrorists in Iran and the region,” Ayatollah Khamenei said on Wednesday, addressing a large number of Iranian school and university students on the threshold of November the 4.
“By releasing these documents, we will dishonor the US and those who claim to be the advocates of human rights and campaign against terrorism among the world public opinion,” he added.
Ayatollah Khamenei reiterated that Tehran has a full hand with abundant proofs, evidence and documents to prove the terrorist nature of the US.
The remarks by the Iranian Supreme Leader came after the US in a new plot against Iran alleged that Tehran wanted to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington.
On October 11, US officials alleged Iran’s Quds Force of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) plotted to kill the Saudi ambassador to Washington by hiring assassins from a Mexican drug cartel for $1.5 million.
An Iranian-American car salesman accused of involvement in the plot pleaded not guilty in a New York court last week.
Iran has strongly denied involvement, describing the allegations as “baseless scenario”.
Tehran said the claim meant to tarnish its “good relations” with Saudi Arabia and also distract the world attention from anti-capitalism protests in the US.