Rumsfeld and “elected” President Karzai
Rumsfeld retired, but the disastrous Iraq and NATO ‘plans’ roll on unobstructed, with a little help from Rumsfeld’s UN-Nato ally, Victoria Nuland, (US Permanent Representative to NATO)
Meanwhile, ‘Exit Strategy’ are the mots du jour amongst the “elected” leaders of and invading forces in both war-ravaged countries.
A coalition of US and international human rights groups announced a “plan to file a war crimes lawsuit” against Rumsfeld, and 13 others*.
Junior Bush has a knack for nominating strange bedfellows. Two U.S. NATO commanders, who headed notorious prisons, are not on the war crimes list. U.S. Army Chief Branz Craddock was an assistant to Rumsfeld and oversaw Guantanamo. Army General Dan K. McNeil oversaw the disgraced Bagram Prison in Afghanistan.
It would appear that no participatory NATO country in Afghanistan has the least idea what Rumsfeld’s big idea, ‘Global NATO’, actually entails. And have any Mainstream Media actually read the PNAC documents in which Rumsfeld spells out with ‘cutesy’ vocabulary, the US imperial policy, which is now destroying the NATO enterprise in Afghanistan? Even now, the US is still trying to run the show and change the ground rules.
‘Global NATO’ is a Psycho-Pop cover-up term for a U.S. military operation that financially benefits ONLY corporate America and its greedy arms industries. A small amount of reading would clarify the US imperial plans for NATO.
Now that the U.S. government has blamed their puppet, Maliki, for the U.S. occupation’s disaster in Iraq, is the blame also to fall, soon, on Karzai for the NATO fiasco?
*Along with Rumsfeld, Gonzales and Tenet, the other defendants in the case are:
• Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence Stephen Cambone;
• former assistant attorney general Jay Bybee;
• former deputy assisant attorney general John Yoo;
• General Counsel for the Department of Defense William James Haynes II; and
• David S. Addington, Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff.
• Senior military officers named in the filing are General Ricardo Sanchez, the former top Army official in Iraq;
• Gen. Geoffrey Miller, the former commander of Guantanamo;
• senior Iraq commander, Major General Walter Wojdakowski;
• Col. Thomas Pappas, the one-time head of military intelligence at Abu Ghraib.
1. ISAF / PRT Map of Afghanistan (15.11.06)
2. Oil and Gas in Afghanistan
3. Strategic Imperatives: Reports & Documents; Articles
4. Military Contracts
5. NATO, General
6. NATO, participating countries (Belgium; Canada; Germany; Holland; Poland; Sweden; UK
7. Corporate Investment in Afghanistan
9. Human Rights, War Crimes: Documents / Reports; Articles; Case Studies
10. Some of the Dead in Afghanistan: ‘regrets’ are not enough.
11. War Crimes: The Dead and Future Dead
• Index on Afganistan to end .08.06.
• Nato: The Bathtub of Unreadiness
• Afghanistan: NATO is now US-ATO
• Index on Afghanistan September 2006
• Index on Afghanistan October 2006
I would be grateful, if you use this document for source material, if you would mention Index on Afghanistan. Thank you.
1. A map of Afghanistan showing the Provincial Reconstruction Teams; Data valid as of 15 November 2006.