Have you recently placed an order with Global Research?
Please note that due to the current national strike with Canada Post, there may be a delay with receiving your order.
Rest assured your order will be prepared and sent out as soon as possible, and thank you for your patience and understanding!
-The Global Research Team
Here is some information from Canada Post on the current strike:
Lockout at Canada Post – What It Means To Customers
2011/6/15 Source: Canada Post
Mail Deposit and Delivery
- All mail processing plants and letter carrier depots are closed and all facilities have been secured. No new mail will be accepted. Large volume mailers cannot deposit or receive mail.
- Mail Delivery is suspended to all addresses served by letter carriers represented by the CUPW (Urban). Some mail delivery will continue over the first few days of the lockout to clear mail remaining in the system in suburban and rural areas where delivery employees are represented by a different bargaining unit.
- Street Letter Boxes, mail slots on Community Mail Boxes, and other Canada Post mail-receiving equipment have been cleared and sealed to prevent mail from being deposited.
- Through a previous agreement, Canada Post and CUPW will ensure that a number of socio-economic cheques will be delivered on June 20. Please visit canadapost.ca/cheques for more information.
- All post offices staffed by CUPW members are closed.
- Post Offices located in suburban and rural areas staffed by members of the Canadian Postmasters and Assistants (CPAA) continue to be open but cannot accept new mail.
- Authorized Dealer Post Offices are also open but cannot accept new mail. Some Dealer Post Offices may be operating at reduced hours.
- Post Offices that remain open offer limited products such as MoneyGram and Money Orders but no new mail will be accepted. Many open Post Offices will also have parcels and other mail items delivered prior to the lockout available for customers to pick up.
- Canada Post’s website, canadapost.ca, is fully operational and offers up-to-date information on the labour situation.
- The Electronic Shipping Tools and Online Business Centre are operational, but some functions may be limited.
- epost is fully operational and remains a recommended tool for consumers to use for important communications and to receive statements and effect payments to many financial institutions, utilities, and retailers.
- Effective immediately, all service guarantees are suspended, pending resolution of the labour situation. Check product terms and conditions on canadapost.ca for more information.
- Canada Post cannot predict how long the current labour situation will last.
- We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience this situation is causing. We are making every attempt to reach a settlement and resume normal operations as soon as possible.