Israeli occupation prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided on Monday to officially prevent cement entry to Gaza Strip.
Netanyahu’s decision came in the wake of Israeli claim it uncovered an assault tunnel for Hamas crossing the Gaza borders to Israel.
Israeli newspaper Times of Israel reported Netanyahu saying: “We will not allow the entry of cement to the Gaza Strip in order to be used for military purposes.”
He added: “We will never allow building a seaport in the Gaza Strip and the only seaport to serve Gaza is Ashdod (the Israeli seaport near Gaza), which is under Israeli observation.”
The Israeli PM, who killed over than 2,260 Palestinians, wounded around 11,000 others, demolished more than 10,000 homes, hospitals, schools and mosques and levelled large farms to the ground in 2014, claimed he would like to help Gaza, but they are unable to run a seaport.
“My choice is very clear,” he said, “I will not sacrifice our security for a brilliant title. I will never allow setting up a sea artery to drop weapons to terrorism [in Gaza].”
It is worth mentioning that the Israeli occupation, assisted by Egypt and backed by the international community, has been imposing a strict siege on the Gaza Strip for 10 years.
During this time, the Israeli occupation waged four wars, killing thousands of Gazans and wounding tens of thousands. As well as, it demolished tens of thousands of homes and other civilian facilities, including major infrastructure projects.
At the same time, to justify the siege and letting the Gazans endure difficult conditions, Israeli officials claim that basic constriction material, food components, medicines, etc… are used for military purposes. Therefore, they ban them.
Regarding the tunnel, the Palestinian resistance said that it had been previously uncovered by the Israeli occupation forces and they pumped water inside it.