View this email in your web browser.
Please Post Widely
In 48 Cities –
FEB 4 MASS ACTIONS Demanding:
NO War! NO Sanctions! NO Intervention! NO Assassinations on IRAN
IN NYC, NY 1pm North end of Times Square – Duffy Square. March to the US & Israeli missions to UN.
List your activity HERE View List of Activities HERE
(Alphabetical order by State)
1. Phoenix, AZ, 2pm at Cesar Chavez Plaza, 200 W Washington.
2. Tucson, AZ 6pm at Unitarian Universalist Church, 4831 E. 22 St.
3. Los Angeles, CA 2 pm at Westwood Fed Building, next to UCLA campus.
4. Los Angeles, CA Noon at Wilshire & Western Metro Stop.
5. San Francisco, CA, Noon at Powell & Market, BART Plaza
6. Truckee, CA Noon, at Donner Pass Rd/ Highway 89.
7. New Haven, CT 11:00am at New Haven Green, 141 Church St
8. Tampa, FL, Noon March on McDill Air Force Base-CentComm, Rally at Gandy Bivd. & Dale Mabry Highway
9. Atlanta, GA 4:30 – 5:30pm at CNN Center, Marietta & Centennial Olympic Park.
10. Honolulu, HI 7pm in Heart of Waikiki, Kalakaua Ave & Seaside Ave
11. Des Moines, IA 6pm at Nollen Plaza, Des Moines Civic Center, 221 Walnut St
12. Chicago, IL Noon at Federal Plaza
13. Champaign-Urbana, IL 2pm at Neil and Main St.
14. Boston, MA 1pm at Tremont & Park St, March to Israeli consulate & Copley Square
15. Detroit MI 2pm at Grand Circus Park – Woodward Ave at Adams.
16. Kochville MI 12 noon at Bay Rd & Tittabawassee Rd
17. Minneapolis, MN 3 pm at 3rd St & Cedar Avenue South.
18. Albany NY Noon at Wolf Road & Central Ave, March 1pm to mall recruiting station.
19. Buffalo, NY 3pm at City Hall Square, then marching.
20. NYC, NY 1pm at North end of Times Square – Duffy Square. March to the US & Israeli missions to UN.
21. Rochester, NY 11am at The Public Market, 280 North Union Street
22. Saratoga, NY Noon at Broadway by Post Office, Weekly Vigil Site.
23. Columbus, OH 6:30pm at Goodale St. & N. High St.
24. Defiance, OH Noon at Defiance County Courthouse, 221 Clinton Street
25. Tulsa, OK Noon at Southwest Corner of 41st and Yale Ave,
26. Harrisburg, PA Noon at State Capitol Steps, 3rd Street Side at North & Walnut
27. Philadelphia PA Noon at 5th & Market, Independence Hall.
28. Rock Hill, SC 7pm at Byrnes Auditorium at Winthrop University, 701 Oakland Ave.
29. Salt Lake City, UT 3pm at Downtown Federal Building, 125 S. State St
30. Blacksburg VA 2 PM, Main Post Office.
31. Norfolk, VA 1pm at City Hall Ave at Saint Paul Blvd.
32. Richmond VA, Noon at Federal Building.
33. Seattle, WA 1:30 at Westlake Center, March to Military processing center.
34. Milwaukee, WI Noon at East Capitol Dr. Bridge just east of Capitol Ave & Humbold Blvd.
35. Green Bay, WI Noon at Lambeau Field.
36. Washington DC Noon at Lafayette Square, White House
Feb 02 NO War on Iran Actions
1. Bloomington, IL 5:30pm at Center for the Performing Arts 600 East Street
2. Oklahoma City, OK, 4:30pm at Gold Dome corner, 1112 Northwest 23rd Street
FEB 3 NO War on Iran Actions
1. Baltimore, MD. 5pm McKelvin Sq, Pratt & Light Street
2. Raleigh, NC 4:30pm Federal Building, 310 New Bern Ave
3. Nashville TN 2pm, Nashville Legislative Plaza, 6th Ave & Deaderick St.
Other Countries organizing for NO War on Iran actions on Feb 4:
1. Calgary, AB 11am,Consulate General of USA, 615 Macleod Trail S.E., 10th Floor
2. Lethbridge, AB 2pm, City Hall, 910 4th Ave. South
3. Vancouver,BC: Picket and rally in front of US consulate, downtown, 3-6pm
Bangaldesh capital Dacca rally and march;
India message of actions in several cities including Calcutta.
Ireland at Shannon Air Base, forward base for NATO,
Norway, Oslo, Rally initiated by Iranians in Diaspora, Supported by Peace Initative Norway, Party Red & others.
Group in Iran called House of Latin America, is contacting groups internationally and urging activity in several countries.
BUILD FEB. 4 EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION TO STOP U.S. WAR AGAINST IRAN
NO WAR! NO SANCTIONS! NO INTERVENTION! NO ASSASSINATIONS
A broad spectrum of U.S.-based anti-imperialist and anti-war organizations, including the IAC, agreed on a Jan. 17 conference call to hold coordinated protests across the country on Saturday, Feb. 4. The demands will be: “No war, no sanctions, no intervention, no assassinations against Iran.”
The ad-hoc group that took part in the call decided that although there are only two weeks to organize, it will invite anti-war forces around the world to join in to make this emergency protest a global day of action.
All agreed on the need to stop U.S. imperialism and/or Israel from launching a military attack on Iran. There was also a consensus that the new sanctions President Barack Obama signed into law on Dec. 31 — with the goal of breaking the Iranian central bank — were themselves an act of war aimed at the Iranian people. The political activists on the call raised the danger of a wider war should fighting break out in or around Iran.
While the organizations involved had varied assessments of the Iranian government, they all saw any intervention from U.S. imperialism in the Southwest Asian country as a threat to the entire region and to peace. Some of the people on the call who are originally from Iran and who were in touch with family and friends there conveyed the Iranian people’s anger at the recent assassination of a young scientist.
There was agreement to make “no assassinations” one of the demands to show solidarity with the Iranian population as well as to condemn the U.S. and its allies for criminal activities against Iran and its people.
As of Jan. 19, the organizations that called the actions or endorsed later included the United National Anti-War Coalition (UNAC), the International Action Center (IAC), SI! Solidarity with Iran, Refugee Apostolic Catholic Church, Workers World Party, World Can’t Wait, American Iranian Friendship Committee, the Campaign Against Sanctions & Military Intervention in Iran (CASMII). ANSWER Coalition, Antiwar.com, Peace of the Action, ComeHomeAmerica.us, St. Pete for Peace, Women Against Military Madness (WAMM), Defenders for Freedom, Justice & Equality-Virginia, WESPAC Foundation, Peace Action Maine, Occupy Myrtle Beach, Minnesota Peace Action Coalition, Twin Cities Peace Campaign and Bail Out the People Movement (BOPM).
Individual endorsers include authors David Swanson, “When the World Outlawed War,” and Phil Wilayto, “In Defense of Iran: Notes from a U.S. Peace Delegation’s Journey through the Islamic Republic”; and U.N. Human Rights Award winner Ramsey Clark, a former U.S. attorney general.
The list is expected to grow steadily as word spreads. Right now people can follow developments on the Facebook link:
No War On Iran: National Day of Action Feb 4, http://www.facebook.com/events/214341975322807/.
Donate to support actions in solidarity with Iran.
c/o Solidarity Center
55 West 17th St 5C
New York, NY 10011
email: [email protected] | En Español: [email protected]