“Those That Say This Deal Provides a Pathway to Iran Developing a Nuclear Bomb Are Being Wholly Disingenuous”
CIA director John Brennan is a hawk …
As we noted in 2013, Brennan endorsed torture, assassination of unidentified strangers without due process, and spying on all Americans.
But even Brennan thinks the Iran deal is good for the United States:
This is not surprising, given:
- Contrary to widespread claims, there is NO EVIDENCE that Iran is building a nuclear weapon. Even Israel Israel admits that Iran has not decided to build a nuclear bomb.
- Experts say that Iran poses very little threat to the West or Israel . Top American and Israeli military and intelligence officials say that – even if Iran did build a nuclear bomb – it would not be that dangerous, because Israel and America have so many more nukes. And see this
- The people pushing for war against Iran are the same people who pushed for war against Iraq, and said it would be a “cakewalk”. See this and this
- They’ve been pushing for another round of regime change in Iran for decades
- The CIA admits that the U.S. overthrew the moderate, suit-and-tie-wearing, Democratically-elected prime minister of Iran in 1953. He was overthrown because he had nationalized Iran’s oil, which had previously been controlled by BP and other Western oil companies. As part of that action, the CIA admits that it hired Iranians to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its prime minister
- If the U.S. hadn’t overthrown the moderate Iranian government, the fundamentalist Mullahs would have never taken over. (Moreover, the U.S. has had a large hand in strengthening radical Islam in the Middle East by supporting radicals to fight the Soviets and others)