This article was originally published in August 2014.
There is a scene from Danny Devito’s fine film Hoffa when Jimmy Hoffa is organizing a teamsters’ strike in the midst of WW2. As he walks through the trucking company yard the strikers there keep asking him what and when. One of his subordinates runs up to him and tells him “Tobin called and said to call it off Jimmy!” Hoffa ponders for but a moment and says very loudly “Everyone says I’m wrong so I must be right!” And he signals the men to move forward towards the corporate entrance.
For that minority of us who reject both this Military Industrial Empire and its Two Party ‘One Party’ system, we are marginalized and ostracized. For that smaller segment of our grouping that holds to most of the conspiracy theories of empire… Wow!! We are just simply crazy! Factor out the way out theories of aliens, the shape shifting reptilians, etc. That is not what this writer is speaking about. No, I and others who study history and truth (which our controlled mainstream media is directed not to cover) are labeled crazy for believing:
- FDR and his inner circle, with help from Churchill and the Brits, knew of the soon to be attack on Pearl Harbor. They chose to keep the Air Craft carriers out at sea while allowing the Japanese to proceed with their plans, so as to get us into the war.
- FDR and Churchill kept putting off the plans for a second front (Operation Overlord) for as long as possible. This agenda was to allow the Germans and Russians to continue killing each other off. If Stalin did not threaten them with making a separate peace deal with Hitler after the German defeat at Stalingrad, the invasion of Normandy might have been pushed back even further.
- Truman gave the OK to drop A-bombs on Japan for two major reasons: A) to let the Russians know that we had the bomb and could make more than one at a time and B) to keep Russia from getting into Japan before the war ended. As far as the excuse given of ‘saving American lives‘ that would have been naturally very true if in fact we had to invade Japan. The real fact is that the Russians had already brokered a deal allowing the Japanese high command to surrender and keep the emperor… that was all that was needed in the spring of ‘45.
- The U-2 flights of the 50s and early 60s proved that the Soviet Union was much weaker than us militarily, especially in the area of volume of missiles and other weaponry. This fact was withheld not only from the American public, but from most of the Congress as well. When Eisenhower, too late in the game (as he knew the truth for most of his presidency) warned us in his farewell address of the Military Industrial Complex, the die had been cast, and jingoism was in full gear, so much so that…
- When JFK had his epiphany, beginning after the Bay of Pigs and finalized during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he went from a cold warrior to a born again patriot. Sadly, the mechanism for the Coup d’Etat was churning rapidly. Oswald was nothing more than a Naval Intelligence undercover operative who was used as a patsy for the killing of our president. Anyone who studies the many facts and chain of events in this story knows that as David Ferrie told Jim Garrison “It’s an enigma inside of an enigma“. It wasn’t the mob that killed JFK (maybe the shooters came from the mob) rather it was elements within our own government that ordered the hit and masterminded the cover-up.
- Robert Kennedy knew too much concerning the Coup d’Etat…and when he was on the verge of becoming President in ‘68 (“And now it’s on to Chicago and the nomination”) … boom! Another patsy, Sirhan, was mind controlled to take the fall. As for Martin Luther King, in ’67 he stopped focusing on Civil Rights and lashed out at the Vietnam War (“… the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today- my own government“) and then in spring of ‘68 first ventured involvement into labor unrest (Memphis sanitation workers strike) and … boom!
- Anyone with half a mind knows that Reagan and his crew orchestrated the deal with the Iranians in the fall of ’80 to hold off releasing the hostages until after the election. Come on, I mean minutes after assuming office on Jan 20th 1981 Iran releases the hostages! Imagine how such an underhanded act should have been covered by our news media? It wasn’t and still isn’t even discussed much.
- Bush Sr. on July 25th 1990 sent his Ambassador April Glaspie to meet with Saddam Hussein. During their conversation she stated “We have no opinion in your Arab/Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with Kuwait… Secretary of State Baker has directed me to emphasize the instruction that the Kuwait issue is not associated with America.” Then, Iraq went into Kuwait and the trap was set. You know the rest. (see image below, retreating Iraqi forces)
- The election of 2000 was one of the most heinous acts of fraud and trickery in the history of American politics. Many books have been written on it, so this writer will not waste his time on the details. Even Vincent Bugliosi, who I hardly ever agree with on things, wrote eloquently (The Betrayal of America) on this disgraceful episode. This all connects, according to most conspiracy researchers to….
- September 11th 2001. I mean, how dumb the American public was (and is) to disregard the myriad of facts of what transpired that day. The coincidence (?) that on that very day NORAD was conducting Operation Vigilant Guardian involving the fake hijacking of airliners…while the real thing was going on! How many demolition experts have to be assembled to contradict the government version of the two towers going down like pancakes from burning jet fuel? The truth of the matter, according to these experts, is that there had to have been explosives planted in those buildings to coincide with the planes crashing into them. The You Tube of the three NYC veteran firemen watching it happen in real time on a television screen is interesting. One remarks “Did you see that? Boom boom boom! “And another one answers “Controlled demolition.” Forget all the countless facts concerning this case, and just digest the two given above. Could Bin Laden and his gang get the access and lengthy time it would take to place highly intricate and carefully hidden explosives into both buildings? Come on!
- After he sat like a dodo in that Sarasota classroom for seven minutes after the 2nd plane hit the tower, Bush Junior is taken on a cross country tour on Air Force One. He then returns home to direct the American public to “Go out and shop“, while he sits with his handlers to plot the upcoming invasion of Iraq… oh sorry, I mean Afghanistan. No! Richard Clarke was told to find the evidence to connect Hussein and Iraq with 9/11. A little more than a year later, and countless cherry pickings of what the Bush gang called intelligence, they get Colin Powell to ‘sell his soul‘ and deliver to the UN (see image right) the best fiction your tax money could buy… and soon after we invade and occupy and you know the rest. The Congress, like the lap dogs they were (and are) goes along to get along with the Bush/Cheney gang’s agenda. Hundreds of billions of dollars a year are thrown down the rabbit hole of military spending… until it reaches around 50% of our federal tax dollars. Imagine how many roads, schools, libraries, clinics, hospitals, police and fire personnel … that a portion of that increased spending could have been used to save our economy? Finally, to add insult to injury we have …
- Mr. Hope and Change 2008. Mr. Obama speaks like a preacher and acts like a stooge for the empire. He promised to close Gitmo (never happened). He promised to deal with torture and then allowed extraordinary rendition (grabbing someone here in the USA and rushing them, hooded and manacled, to some foreign nation that does in fact conduct torture). Under his stewardship (or lack of) A) Military spending reached an all time high (56% in 2011 fiscal year) and we keep our military footprint in the Middle East, B) As a candidate in 2008, he took in almost three times the amount of donations from the private health care industry than McCain- thus ObamaCare was a gift to the private health insurers. His handlers, and those of the ‘Two Party/ One Party System, would not allow Medicare for All, C) He continued the phony and disgraceful bailout of the Wall Street banksters. Obama could have spent a fraction of that TARP money by putting the ailing bankster banks and investment houses into receivership, and keeping the employees at their jobs. By having Uncle Sam purchase all the bad mortgage related paper for 10 and 20 cents on the dollar, many foreclosed homes would be off the market. Foreclosed homeowners would keep their homes through lengthier mortgages, thus lower monthly payments. This would not only raise the value of all homes, but stimulate the economy. Builders, cabinetmakers, hardware wholesale and retail businesses… every aspect of the housing industry would see great progress. Not to be. Instead, Obama allowed the corporate beast to create an ever increasing rental housing machine that makes serfs out of more and more of us.
“It’s all right Ma, I’m only bleeding!“
Note to readers: please click the share buttons below. Forward this article to your email lists. Crosspost on your blog site, internet forums. etc.
Philip A Farruggio is a son and grandson of Brooklyn, NYC longshoremen. He has been a free lance columnist since 2001, with over 400 of his work posted on sites like Global Research, Greanville Post, Off Guardian, Consortium News, Information Clearing House, Nation of Change, World News Trust, Op Ed News, Dissident Voice, Activist Post, Sleuth Journal, Truthout and many others. His blog can be read in full on World News Trust, whereupon he writes a great deal on the need to cut military spending drastically and send the savings back to save our cities. Philip has a internet interview show, ‘It’s the Empire… Stupid’ with producer Chuck Gregory, and can be reached at [email protected].
Featured image is from Jared Rodriguez / Truthout