Obama’s Czars “R” US!
The definition of a Czar in Merriam Webster’s dictionary is the following: “One having great power and authority.” . According to Wikipedia, the title Czar (derived from Caesar) meant Emperor in the European medieval sense of the term, that is, a ruler who claims the same rank as a Roman emperor, with the approval of another emperor or a supreme ecclesiastical official (the Pope or the Ecumenical Patriarch). .
America’s fascination with power and supreme dominion over the world has hatched up an unquenchable need for titles and wars, in a country with a new aristocracy personified by the corrupt leaders of large corporations who turned politicians.
The need for identity has thrusted America into unfettered yearning for its colonial English masters. Titles and wars help evoke in people a pseudo-sense of majesty and power, which in turn help create a thirst for the new royalty and nobility. Royal events are incessantly covered by our corporate media reviving a fake sense of nostalgia to the good old times where kings and Czars ruled with an iron hand. Our alleged democratic leaders have purposefully reincarnated the old Roman Czar system in order to create a mental nexus of the American Empire to the Roman one into the gullible minds of the proles. This strategy has rendered the ignorant and the nostalgic population into desperate herds that will follow their shepherds into the abyss. As a result, the public is directly endorsing the return of these futile titles and costly positions.
“There’ve been so many czars over last 50 years in America , and they’ve all been failures,” said Paul Light, an expert on government at New York University . “Nobody takes them seriously anymore.” He pointed to officials placed in charge of homeland security and drug policy.
The problem is that “czars” are meant to be all-powerful people who can rise above the problems that plague the federal agencies, Light said, but in the end, they can’t. .
On the other hand, the rise of the czar can be traced to the rising concentration of power in the White House, said Leon Panetta current CIA Director and Clinton’s former chief of staff. .
Meanwhile, Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), the longest-serving Democratic senator, criticized President Obama’s appointment of White House “czars” to oversee federal policy, saying these executive positions amount to a power grab by the executive branch. In a letter to Obama, Byrd complained about his decision to create White House offices on health reform, urban affairs policy, and energy and climate change. Byrd said such positions “can threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances. At the worst, White House staffs have taken direction and control of programmatic areas that are the statutory responsibility of Senate-confirmed officials.” .
Here is a list of Obama’s current and prospective Czar positions:
1. Technology Czar: Aneesh Chopra. .
4. Energy Czar: Carol M. Browner .
5. Car Czar: Ed Montgomery. .
6. Terrorism/WMD Czar: Gary Samore. .
7. Health Care Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle. .
8. Education Czar: Not appointed yet. .
9. Economic Czar: Paul Volcker. .
10. Mortgage Czar: Not appointed yet. .
11. Urban Affairs/Housing Czar: Adolfo Carrion. .
12. Guantanomo closure Czar: Danny Fried. .
13. Great lakes Czar: Cameron Davis. .
14. Stimulus accountability Czar: Earl Devaney. .
15. Cyberspace Czar: Not appointed yet. .
16. Border Czar: Alan Bersin (Former US attorney). .
17. Intelligence Czar: Admiral Dennis Blair. .
18. Regulatory Czar: Cass Sunstein. .
19. Pay Czar: Kenneth Feinberg .
20. Iran Czar: Not appointed yet. .
21. Tarp Czar: Herb Allison. .
22. Middle-East peace Czar: George Mitchell. .
23. Science Czar: John Holdren. .
24. Green jobs Czar: Van Jones. .
25. Afghanistan Czar: Richard Holbrooke. .
26. Sudan Czar: J. Scott Gration. .
27. Mideast policy Czar: Dennis Ross. .
28. Information Czar: Vivek Kundra. .
29. AIDS Czar: Jeffrey Crowley. .
30. Faith-based Czar: Joshua Dubois. .
31. Climate Czar: Todd Stern. .
Where do we go from here? What does it mean to our fizzling democracy to have more Czars and more centralized power at the executive branch?
The problem with this picture is that more Czars mean more layers of bureaucracy, more corruption, more control and abuse, as well as more inefficiency and ineptness. The federal government has grown to an unprecedented level during the Bush Administration, and continues to grow larger in the current one.
Maybe, the whole purpose of Obama’s Czars “R” US is simple propaganda that lulls the public into a false sense of safety and control, while he continues the agenda of his money masters that consists of profligate spending, new wars and false flag operations, indefinite detention of prisoners, disembowelment of the constitution, covert overthrowing of foreign governments, bogus terrorists watch list, erosion of personal and national sovereignty, bankrupting the republic, microchipping the populace, and dismantling the American Bourgeoisie (middle class), in order to facilitate and complete the process of globalization.
1. Conservativethoughts.us. (06-11-09), Why does Congress Overlook Czars? »
2. WSJ.com (January 8, 2009). Obama’s Regulatory Czar Likely to Set a New Tone
3. WSJ.com (June 5, 2009). White House Set to Appoint a Pay Czar
4. WSJ.com (December 11, 2008). Obama Picks Team to Guide Energy, Environment
5. WSJ.com (February 16, 2009). Obama Backs Off ‘Car Czar’ to Oversee Detroit
6. Associated press (April 15, 2009). Ex-prosecutor picked for new U.S. ‘border czar’
7. Renalbusiness.com (March 3, 2009). Obama Names Former DaVita Director Health
8. Lateline.muzi.net (12-20-2008). Obama to tap retired admiral as intelligence czar: US
9. Washington Post (March 11, 2009). White House Cheat Sheet: Obama Names Drug
10. WSJ.com (December 15, 2008). ‘Czars’ Ascend at White House’
11. Huffington post (June 4, 2009). Obama Taps Cameron Davis As Great Lakes Czar
12. New York Tine (December 11, 2008). Title, but Unclear Power, for a New Climate
13. Wikipedia. com
14. Politico.com, 02-25-09. Byrd: Obama in power grab.
15. Reuters. November, 15, 2008. Will Obama’s copyright czar help save the music?
16. TheCypressTimes.com (June 16, 2009). CRITICAL MASS: CZARS AND OBAMA’S SHADOW GOVERNMENT.
17. Sayanythinblog.com June 16, 2009. A list of Obama’s czars.
18. Merriam-Webster Dictionary.com